Self-Awareness The First Step in Becoming a Leader
The first step on the management evolution journey is to know the starting point. In this course you are encouraged to objectively and honestly evaluate your people skills development needs. Using a behavioural profiling tool, such as FACET 5, you will review your own profile and preferences, assessing how these might be impacting on your relationships at work and the impressions they create for others.
You will discover that the power to change lies not with others, but in your ability to adapt and leverage your own behaviours. Through group exercises, discussions and peer coaching, you will identify where development effort needs to be focussed, creating a learning action plan which can be shared with your manager.
By the end of this course you will:
- Appreciate the importance of self-awareness to a successful manager
- Understand how we form impressions of others through their behaviours
- Know your personal Behaviour Profile – and how to use it in practice
- Create a strategy for leveraging your strengths and meeting your challenges
- Put together an effective learning action plan