Powerful Influencing Persuasion and influence your stepping stones to success
As a manager you have to obtain the agreement of others on a daily basis. You face the challenge of getting work done through others. Managers can no longer rely on the power of their position to "tell" others what to do; most organisations have become so lean that their staff is stretched on a continual basis.
Asking people to do something differently, or to do even more, requires real skill and a compelling business case. Effective management today depends on the ability to influence senior management, cross-functional peers, and front-line employees. In other words, an effective manager must be adept at influencing at all levels.
Drawing inspiration from the very best of modern practice, you will leave with a realistic assessment of what you can and cannot do to influence those around them.
By the end of this course you will have:
- described the steps that are fundamental to influencing others positively
- calculated what makes you credible in the eyes of others
- understood how to display empathy with the concerns of those you are trying to persuade
- presented an argument in the way most likely to achieve success
- explored the factors that drive the behaviour of others
- improved assertiveness skills in a variety of situations
- managed your body language to the best effect