Manager as a 'Role-Model' Establishing Your Credibility & Building Your Confidence
As a manager, you are not defined by your current job title and you are not confined by your job description. We consider the questions: What makes me stand out?; What do I do that adds unique value to the organisation?; What do I do that I am most proud of?; What would my colleagues identify as my best qualities? What would I like to be known for in the future? Managers who are confident and well regarded become role models for others in the organisation – people aspire to be ‘just like them’.
As the managing director of ‘Me Plc’, you will learn how your own behaviours positively (and negatively) influence your team and their performance. You will go on to develop an impactful personal values and mission statement, and explore practical ways to ethically enhance your influence as an inspirational role model for your team and your organisation.
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand the influencing powers of role models
- Gain an insight into your own potential as a role model for your team (and others)
- Create a meaningful personal values and mission statement
- Learn how to use that statement to lead, motivate and inspire your team
- Appreciate the importance of role models in business change – and how to become one
- Know how to use social networking as a strategic tool for improving performance