Leading Remote Teams Don’t let distance become you and your team
More and more organisations have teams dispersed across multiple locations—nationally, internationally and globally. The 21st century manager must adjust their management style and approach when dealing with remote workers.
Managing remote teams brings special challenges. "Inputs" are often difficult to observe and "Outputs" do not tell the whole story - especially in the short term. Planned communication and building trust is the key. Choosing the right technology for your management task can also make the physical separation less of a barrier.
This training course is proven to provide practical skills to lead remote employees and virtual teams like never before. Managers will learn techniques and methods to effectively motivate and manage virtual and remote teams with success.
By the end of this interactive course you will have:
- learnt how time and culture affect remote team interactions
- identified strategic ways to build trust
- an awareness of the technology that can best help you with the task in hand
- defined your team’s roles and responsibilities to maintain team focus on goals, objectives and tasks
- a toolkit for performance management and remote teams
- proven techniques for effective and engaging conference calls
- realised how to avoid the headaches that trip up most remote-based teams
- developed a personal plan to build successful remote team performance