Goal Setting Identifying Realistic, Achievable Targets for Your Team
The need to set clear goals is evident in many areas of our lives today, whether we want to win the local Sunday football league, get into Oxbridge, learn Mandarin or move house. Having a clear goal gives you focus and galvanises you to take action. In business therefore, it’s no surprise that effective goal setting is seen as a critical management skill and sadly, one that many managers lack. Poorly defined, ambiguous and mundane goals leave people confused and uninspired. On the flip-side, overly ambitious goals can make people too afraid of failure and inertia sets in.
Our course highlights the importance of following a process for goal-setting. Working with your own challenges, we will provide you with clear guidance on how to go about constructing motivational goals for your team, how to gain commitment from your team and how to track (and celebrate) progress.
By the end of this course you will have:
- confidently used the Goal Setting process
- the ability to be SMART in setting individual and team objectives to turn goals into action
- a way to gain your team’s commitment to achieving their objectives
- identified the Key Performance Indicators which will measure your progress
- become more decisive and assertive in keeping the team focussed