Getting the Work to Work Who, where, what, when, how, why?
As a new manager, one of the first things you need to learn is how ‘the work works’ around here. In other words, how the system of people, process and technology collaborates to deliver your team’s outputs. You need to know who does what, when, where, how – and why, making the links between your team’s purpose and objectives to corporate strategy and goals. You also need to be clear about how you are going to manage your business system and measure its success, so that you can work on improving it.
This course will take you through the process of defining the Business Management System for your function. You will gain deep insight into your operation and how you could begin delivering strategy more efficiently than before. Having a system will also enable you to extend the skills of your team and accelerate the induction new starters, to improve productivity.
By the end of this course you will have:
- understood the components of a Business Management System
- articulated your mission, vision, goals and key objectives
- defined the Business Model and Value Chain for your function
- identified the management methods and controls which need to be in place
- set individual objectives which are fully aligned to the organisation’s goals
- communicated the value and purpose of your team’s function with confidence and clarity
- developed a Continuous Improvement Plan