Facilitating Meetings Make your meetings matter
As a 21st century manager you will attend and chair numerous meetings. Whether the meeting is for information distribution, communication or decision making you need to be in control and ensure they meet their objectives.
At their best meetings can be creative, purposeful and supportive. Yet some meetings can become unfocused, unproductive or even unpleasant. They are always expensive – yet we often plan or attend meetings unprepared, with confused agendas and with little structure or skills to help us achieve the purpose of the meeting.
On this course you will discover that meetings need to be filled with meaning and are chaired well. You will then see that they can be an excellent management tool that can help us to achieve our goals with the support of others in a timely way. And not just a waste of time!
By the end of this course you will have:
- a clear communication plan within meetings
- understood the value of meetings as a management tool
- recognised the critical planning steps that makes meeting time more effective
- appreciated what being a Chairperson requires
- identified process tools that can help create an open and safe forum for discussion developed and practiced techniques for handling counterproductive behaviour