Coaching and Mentoring Your Team How to Target and Deliver 1:1 Support
As training budgets become ever squeezed, the need for managers to take a more formal role in the development of their staff is increasing. Coaching and mentoring is an extremely flexible, cost-effective and practical solution to many individual learning requirements, but is also one which requires managers to be appropriately skilled to deliver.
In this highly practical course, we begin by looking at how assess the individual’s needs, plan their development goals, then tailor your coaching and mentoring approach to the person’s level of skill and experience. We also help you review and evaluate your success, providing guidance on ways to continuously improve.
By the end of this course you will have:
- understood what ‘coaching’ and ‘mentoring’ involve in practice
- familiarity with the psychology of how people learn new skills and behaviours
- a method for accurately assessing the development needs of an individual
- appreciated Learning Styles and how they impact your approach
- a process for engaging your coachee through questioning and active listening
- the ability to apply a range of models to your sessions, including GROW and STEER
- reviewed, evaluated and improved your own performance as coach and mentor.