Business Acumen ‘Don’t be baffled by the business speak. Get ahead of the game.’
What is business acumen? Business acumen is a general understanding of business principles. It is the ability to make thoughtful business decisions. Mostly, business acumen relates to the ability to make decisions that lead to profit.
Why do managers need it? As the management role has evolved it is essential that you understand how business works. Understanding your company’s unique value proposition, how they compete and win in their market and their financial metrics is a must for the 21st century manager.
Today, you need to be comfortable discussing profitability and any number of financial metrics. This course will allow you to leverage your business acumen to identify areas where value can be created. To build the vision of how that value will solve problems or create a competitive advantage, and to work with your team to build solutions that deliver the promised outcomes. Attend this course and gain the insight that will carry you forward in your career.
By the end of this interactive course you will have:
- gained a realistic picture of your company’s position, market, and potential
- examined the external environment and understand how external changes affect your company’s ability to succeed
- analysed where your business stands in relation to your key competitors and what the future will look like
- understood how to measure the performance of your business, using standards that are highly correlated with value creation
- integrated your competitive analysis and financial metrics to improve your business decision making
- improved your business skills by learning the right financial terminology