Becoming Culturally Aware Bridging the International Communication Gaps
Most workforces are now made up of a diverse group of people, so cultural awareness is perhaps not the alien concept it once was. However, challenges remain, particularly for managers whose work involves significant collaboration with people from other nations, who sometimes hold very different views and messages about normal, appropriate, and expected behaviour in business. This can create serious problems for team motivation, communication and performance.
This course is designed for managers who need to work successfully with diverse countries and cultures (perhaps as part of an outsourced and/or offshored relationship). Drawing on the latest thinking by Geert Hofstede and others, it provides the foundation for building sustained relationships with a multi-national workforce.
By the end of this course you will have:
- understood the ‘Six Dimensions’ of national culture
- differentiated between High/Low Context communication preferences
- explored the communication profiles of international colleagues
- assessed the impact of your organisation’s culture on your communication style
- developed the verbal and non-verbal skills to communicate successfully with other nationalities