Become a Great Communicator A Core Skill for the 21st Century Manager
Effective interpersonal communication is an essential skill for 21st century managers, and there is always room for improving it! We begin the course by looking at how humans receive and process information from the world around us, exploring how personality, beliefs and values can subconsciously impact the ways in which we exchange our messages. We analyse some of the most common stumbling blocks encountered by managers en route to building strong working relationships.
Using the Strength Deployment Inventory® tool, we investigate why these issues occur, learning new ways to ‘tune into’ the communication styles of others to achieve the results you want. Following a structured process for defining outcomes and actions, you will create a practical and transferable strategy for confidently improving your communications at work.
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand the basic science behind human communication
- Gain insight into communication styles and their impact on your messages
- Become aware of your own strengths and areas for development
- Confidently apply a range of techniques for building rapport with diverse personalities
- Plan and adapt your communications, so they appeal to the recipients
- Develop a practical plan for communicating with tricky people